Glitché is a mobile app which cuts and splices, distorts and transforms photos to create digitally altered imagery. The style lends it's hand to the Post-Internet trend.
Here are a few of my favourite glitchés from my primary research:
This image was selected from my Liverpool ONE primary photos. To achieve this result I used the scan setting to splice up the photo and then the channels setting gave the wavey effect. The aquatic feel this images has really suits my concept and the evening colours in the sky through the roof is also effective and suits my collection. This print would work well on the hood of my jacket.
This is the same photo as above yet the effects used have transformed the image into a sharp, rough finish. The grid setting works by making all of the points in the image stand up creating a 3D experience, shadows fill the gaps making the print dark and moody. This is not what I intend for my collection and therefore won't be used any further than this testing.
This image was selected from my Liverpool ONE primary photos. To achieve this result I used the scan setting to splice up the photo and then the channels setting gave the wavey effect. The aquatic feel this images has really suits my concept and the evening colours in the sky through the roof is also effective and suits my collection. This print would work well on the hood of my jacket.
Here I have used the same settings as described in the previous print, but due to the colours of the primary image; taken at the Fact Liverpool's staircase; the end result is dramatically different to the first print. Colours have been inverted to create this airy, distorted effect. The print gives a calming sensory experience and would also work well as the print on the hoody in my collection.
This is the same photo as above yet the effects used have transformed the image into a sharp, rough finish. The grid setting works by making all of the points in the image stand up creating a 3D experience, shadows fill the gaps making the print dark and moody. This is not what I intend for my collection and therefore won't be used any further than this testing.
Here I have gone back to the settings I enjoyed in the first 2 prints. The photo is taken from my research inside computer parts. I inverted the image to create a similar result to the second print shown (above) and I have sent this off to bagsoflove.com to test it onto a stretch jersey fabric.










0 comments:
Post a Comment