DESIGN DEVELOPMENT - TEXTURE







Today I have focused on developing some texture samples. I used one of my primary images from Snowdonia as I really liked the grittiness of the rocks, I think it will make a great all-over print on a dress especially if I zoom in close up so it's not obvious that it is a photo of a mountain.

In the first image I edited the saturation and hue levels to accentuate the details in the rock. I then made a monochrome version. After that I altered colour levels and inverted them to see the reverse effects. I like the yellow and baby pink ones the most as these look most like a print and less like a photo. I printed out these samples and asked my peers their thoughts. They agreed with the ones I liked most and also the purple and blue ones for the same reason:







I now need to print these out onto acetate so I can test how they will look screen printed.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts