SILK SCREEN PRINT - FIRST ATTEMPT



Today I was taught how to use silk screen printing. I was really excited to try this as it is a technique I want to use in my collection. 

Aim:

Using the images I done from life drawing last week, I have created a screen print, experimenting with colour and different backgrounds.


Step By Step:

The first thing I done was photocopy my image onto acetate paper. For this exercise I used A4.

The next stage is to project the image onto a silk screen. To do this I turned on the safe light on the U.V. Light Unit. I then placed the acetate on it and carefully placed the silk screen (already emulsified) on top, ensuring there is a border around the image and the screen:





The settings I used was 30 exposure, with a 15 second vacuum delay:



I carefully place the cover over the screen and pressed run:



The next stage was to wash the emulsion off the screen:



The screen then needed to be dried off for an hour.

The first time I done this the images didn't take to the silk screens very well. This was due to the exposure not being at the right setting for how fine my illustration lines are. Because of this, I had to wash the emulsion off the silk screens, this will take a few days so I will try again next week.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts