Slow Futures is a trend I found on WGSN.com.
Although this trend is about basics, there are areas what I find relevant to the luxurious collection I am making and they are:
Raw Minimalism:
Frayed edges is something I looked at when I first began this brief. Looking at the Elemental theme taught me about pollution destroying our earth so using distressed fabrics throughout my collection suited me. See my post on frayed edges here.
Traditions Reformed:
"Going back to go forward" is the exact message I am trying to portray throughout my collection in a sense that I am trying to go back to good quality materials and crafted garments. See my article on quality of craftsmanship here. I also like traditional silhouettes which is why I opted to look at luxurious evening-wear throughout my research, I want traditional silhouettes with a modern twist.
Rules Of Abstraction:
Finally, rules of abstraction allows me to explore negative spaces showing fleshes of skin in a modern way. You will see in the first part of this project I had a lot of cut out areas within my designs exposing areas of the back and stomach.







0 comments:
Post a Comment