When deciding on the colours and textures for my collection, I paid particular attention to the primary research images I had taken of the skylines. What kept coming up was metallic silvers and pinks from the reflection of the sun in the sea so I want to emphasis this through use of satin fabrics. I experimented with the opacity on the images here to re-create the airy open feeling you get when you're outdoors. I want this feeling to extend throughout my collection so soft tulé will be used (See design inspiration by Christian Dior for a better understanding). I also like the texture of the sea-bed when the tide is out (pictured in the main bottom left image), this is something I'd like to re-create within my collection using embroidery and beading. My next step is to do some samples to see if this can be achieved, if not I will reconsider my textures. Finally the central image is taken from my texture development samples. I liked the colours in this and how being placed with a low opacity gives added texture to the sea-bed image. I'm thinking that if I screen print this image onto chiffon before trying the embroidery techniques, it will result in the desired effect I am trying to accomplish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment