I ADORE YOU DIOR



Christian Dior Spring 2017.

There are mixed reviews about this collection with a lot of people questioning whether or not Maria Grazia Chiurri is skilled enough to fill the boots of head designer for Dior. They say the collection lacks substance and that a lot of the designs are flat. But despite these negative reviews, what inspires me about this collection is the choice of fabrics and use of embroidery throughout the garments. When I began this project I stated that I want to use chiffons because they are light-weight, but chiffon can be quite tricky to sew. The use of tĂșle in this collection has answered my questions on how I can achieve volume without compromising on the light-weight airy feel I am hoping for in my collection. I also like how the embroidery is not only on the top layer of fabric but on the inner layers, so it only shows through faintly.
















Images sourced from Business Of Fashion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts