Project Proposal
Rationale and Context
I have opted to do a self-directed project to enhance my skills and knowledge in marketing and promotion. I intend to make an accessories collection to include jewellery, belts and clutch bags. With this collection I shall then produce an advertising campaign to include a magazine article, photo-shoot and look-book. I will use the marketing mix strategy when researching into similar brands and will identify their pros and cons before developing my findings. My focus will be on the execution and professionalism of my marketing package and I intend to develop my skills on Adobe as a result of this.
Development and Realisation
I will set out a 5 week action plan to use my time wisely throughout this project. Within this action plan I will decide on a theme for my collection, I will use creative resources such as WGSN to inspire me and then I shall create a jewellery range. When designing this range it is important to decide what level the brand is to be marketed at, for example high street or luxury high end. To achieve this I will research other brands, I’ll look at their marketing style and look at their pros and cons. By doing this I shall gain knowledge on what has previously been a success and by doing so I will also source inspiration for my own marketing package. I will use the 4 P’s or the ‘Marketing Mix’ throughout this area to ensure I stay on track with my findings and shall use this research to professionally produce an advertising campaign.
The next stage is design research and development. With my chosen theme in mind I’ll research the trend to be able to then develop my findings before producing my final collection. A range plan will be made and final products will be created for photo-shoot purposes.
The third stage of my project is to plan, prepare and produce a photo-shoot to be used in a magazine article and look-book. I will do test-shoots to trial and error my ideas before producing a final photo-shoot. When planning for this I will first research what magazines I intend to feature my collection. I will look at their style and incorporate this into my design aesthetic. I will consider the season for the trend when planning the shoot location and will also do an in-studio shoot so I have variety of imagery to use in the look-book.
Evaluation and Progression
I have chosen to use the Elemental theme for this project to coincide with the collection I am producing in Design. This is to enhance the styling for those garments as the collection is all being made for my own brand I am creating called Haus Of Lau. Throughout the creative process I plan on keeping a weekly diary of my progress on my blog. I will log photographic evidence of my work throughout and I will reflect on success and failure, I will also review the aims and objections I have set out within my 5 week action plan.
Project Plan
I have opted to do a self-directed project to enhance my skills and knowledge in marketing and promotion. I intend to make an accessories collection to include jewellery, belts and clutch bags. With this collection I shall then produce an advertising campaign to include a magazine article, photo-shoot and look-book. I will use the marketing mix strategy when researching into similar brands and will identify their pros and cons before developing my findings. My focus will be on the execution and professionalism of my marketing package and I intend to develop my skills on Adobe as a result of this.
Development and Realisation
I will set out a 5 week action plan to use my time wisely throughout this project. Within this action plan I will decide on a theme for my collection, I will use creative resources such as WGSN to inspire me and then I shall create a jewellery range. When designing this range it is important to decide what level the brand is to be marketed at, for example high street or luxury high end. To achieve this I will research other brands, I’ll look at their marketing style and look at their pros and cons. By doing this I shall gain knowledge on what has previously been a success and by doing so I will also source inspiration for my own marketing package. I will use the 4 P’s or the ‘Marketing Mix’ throughout this area to ensure I stay on track with my findings and shall use this research to professionally produce an advertising campaign.
The next stage is design research and development. With my chosen theme in mind I’ll research the trend to be able to then develop my findings before producing my final collection. A range plan will be made and final products will be created for photo-shoot purposes.
The third stage of my project is to plan, prepare and produce a photo-shoot to be used in a magazine article and look-book. I will do test-shoots to trial and error my ideas before producing a final photo-shoot. When planning for this I will first research what magazines I intend to feature my collection. I will look at their style and incorporate this into my design aesthetic. I will consider the season for the trend when planning the shoot location and will also do an in-studio shoot so I have variety of imagery to use in the look-book.
Evaluation and Progression
I have chosen to use the Elemental theme for this project to coincide with the collection I am producing in Design. This is to enhance the styling for those garments as the collection is all being made for my own brand I am creating called Haus Of Lau. Throughout the creative process I plan on keeping a weekly diary of my progress on my blog. I will log photographic evidence of my work throughout and I will reflect on success and failure, I will also review the aims and objections I have set out within my 5 week action plan.
Project Plan
Resources Needed
- DSLR camera to do photo-shoot.
- Adobe software: Photoshop, Illustrator & Premiere.
- Access to internet.
- Blogger to document progress of action plan.
- Access to fashion sourcing sites such as Business of Fashion & WGSN.
- Pinterest to research design and look-book idea’s.
- Online saving software: Google drive / One drive.
Consultations
- Claudia Pink – local jewellery maker who has now expanded to a store in the Met-Quarter.
- Francesca Couture – local fashion designer who has now started doing jewellery.
- Cricket – Local independent/self-made clothing store.
- Jewellery making.
- Photo re-touching/enhancement.
- Creative writing skills for magazine article.
Processes and Practises
I will produce a range of jewellery and then do a photo-shoot, look-book and magazine article. To achieve these outcomes I will do:
- Brand research.
- Design research & development.
- Range plan of mini collection.
- Concept boards to support my design research.
- Magazine layout research.
- Packaging.
Action Plan
Timescale
|
Description
|
Information
|
Week 1
|
Marketing research
|
Decide on what marketing level and research similar
brands.
|
Week 2
|
Design research & development
|
Jewellery research.
Develop ideas.
|
Week 3
|
Create products
|
Log development and any constraints you come across.
|
Week 4
|
Photo-shoot preparation
Photo-shoot
|
Decide on location.
Do test shots.
Do final shoot.
|
Week 5
|
Look-book
Magazine article
|
Edit photos & create a look-book.
Create magazine article for chosen company to
feature in.
|
Identification of Potential Risks and Contingencies
- Communication with industry professionals. To combat this I could look at online articles of entrepreneur success stories.
- Jewellery making skills. If I struggle with this I could out-source somebody to make my designs.
- Issues with technology. If I have problems with my laptop or camera, I could request to use the college equipment.

0 comments:
Post a Comment