HIROSHI SUGIMOTO



"Hiroshi Sugimoto is a japanese photographer who produced a series of photographs of the sea and it's horizon. Creating extremely emotive scenes, the stillness of his textures and the way the fog sits on the water offer great inspiration for this theme's moody atmospheric spirit."

Quote sourced from WGSN.com







Despite Sugimoto's work being very simple and yet so striking, I can't help but feel the work is a little too minimal for my liking. If there was some land to break into the blurred lines, this would create a talking point with his work, instead once you've seen his photo's theres nothing more to elaborate on and therefore it is not memorable.

What I do find interesting however is how Hiroshi edits his photo's. The low saturation and the
calm colour tones is what creates the talking point of each piece and it is this what I find inspiring. I intend to take a series of photo's of skylines and shall edit them in this way to test if I can too create a similar emotion with my images. What will be different with my images however will be the land breaking up the skyline.


What I like about Hiroshi Sugimoto's work is how the tone and the stillness of each image sets a mood or a feeling. The fog blurs the line between sky and sea and it is this what really captures me.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts