After experimenting some jewellery making I realised this is harder than I expected. To achieve the luxury high-end market I wish to target my consumer profile, the quality I am able to produce just does not meet the criteria. For this reason I have opted to change my mini collection direction and I have decided to create a signature bag instead. This is something I feel I am able to put more passion into and will result in a greater outcome.
I took to WGSN.com for trend inspiration and found 'soft utility' and 'cocooning comfort' were keys words for this style. So I used this to come up with some design ideas.
Fabrics and nautical knotted ropes are the design features I have focused on when creating these designs.
The next stage is to make some samples before deciding on my final choice of fabrics.
If I have time, I have also decided to create matching hats for this collection as these are also a key accessory for this trend. The style of hat I want to construct is an updated take on the beret and the beanie.
Labels:
Elemental (Mini Project)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment