DIGITAL WAVE - 4500DT

"During this assignment, I will design a 6 piece iconic menswear or womenswear diffusion line using the theme ‘Digital Wave for Spring/Summer 2017’.

Using the trend ‘Digital Wave’ for S/S 2017, I will explore a very tech driven theme, with strong inspiration from the 1980’s. The trend explores replicated light, colour and movement, digital grids and contours, strong power dressing silhouettes, and bold graphics/sports colour blocking. Subcultures clash from punk to new-wave. Materials are high tech and performance driven, and include modern techniques such as laser cutting using neoprene, net, jersey and waterproof fabrics. I will explore urban wear, textures, patterns, shapes, surfaces, prints and colours relating to this theme for my influence for my diffusion range.

I will choose a current contemporary designer to collaborate with an iconic sportswear range. I will research my chosen brand, designer and sport thoroughly, alongside innovative sportswear design, function as well as new technologies and fabrics. My collection must feature complete key looks to include a range of interchangeable separates. My collection must coordinate using colours, design cues and components to ensure a cohesive look which sit together. I must also be able to stand alone in my own right. I must ensure my design ideas are relevant and suitable for today’s consumer. I will also consider natural materials and their properties (fit, function, form, movement, articulation, performance, ergonomics and details) to ensure your collection is both wearable and functional.

As a new designer I need to train my brain to act as a sponge; absorb everything and anything around me, make notes and sketches and collect materials and found objects to ensure I create a unique and exciting range.

Design ideas do not appear like magic: firstly, there has to be an investigation, followed by visual stimulation in order for me to develop creative dialogue. A designer must learn how to visually communicate their unique point of view therefore, I will look for connections between performance sports, technologies, natural and surreal forms and shapes and function, examining a range of ideas, techniques and concepts. I will experiment with fabrication and innovative tailoring, draping, cutting and construction methods using 2D shape and 3D forms, of which I will synthesis into an original Menswear’s or womenswear outfit, suitable for a sport genre of my choice. I will source the most relevant materials and design/produce a logo that will be featured on my constructed products. As a designer working for a brand/label, I will need to be able to communicate effectively with a wide range of key people that make up the overall production process. I will need to fully understand my chosen sport, sportswear brand, designer ethos, new technologies and fabrics."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts