CAD IN THE FASHION INDUSTRY

In fashion, computer aided design or CAD as it is more commonly known, plays a vital role in all aspects of the industry and it is important to have these skills in order to be successful in getting a job. Within the design process you need CAD skills to be able to do the following:

  • Create mood boards to communicate themes, colours and concepts.
  • Create working sketches to show design idea's.
  • Create and experiment with different textures created from primary and secondary research.
  • Illustrate final design idea's to present in a visual way, known as fashion illustration.
  • Produce technical flats of the garments to show manufacturer's.

Here is a technical flat of a dress I created using CAD:


Throughout this project you will see me use the mentioned CAD skills to produce a digital print dress inspired by photo's I took inside a bar. I will manipulate these photo's to create textures and do some working sketches of my design idea's. When I have created my final print I will then do a fashion illustration and a technical flat.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts