With craftsmanship playing a vital role in the Artisan trend, I decided to take a look at some workshops to get some inspiration. I noticed distressed, stained towels drying on a sink, clay and paint splashed over bins and the floor. I also really liked the etching in the close up of the clay.
Next visited the Manchester Museum of Science and Industry to have a look at industrial machinery used back in the Victorian days to produce cotton:
Another place I visited to gain primary research was a shop in Liverpool One where all products are sourced from the Himalaya's and individually hand crafted by the locals. I picked up a beautiful bangle with a Tibetan Buddhist mantra on it, 'Om mani Padme Hum' which translates to 'protects you from dangers'. Also sold here are a variety of traditional textiles, rugs, sculptures and jewellery.








0 comments:
Post a Comment