EXHIBITING THE EVERYDAY



"The fashion industry is looking for innovation and new idea. The design process is challenged by the consequences of what is happening in the global world. Fashion designers, in order to be innovators have to be aware of the global context; politics, economy and social behaviour. Exhibiting the everyday is a reflection on our current society.

The mundane makes its own statement this season, as we see elevation of the common place. Stuff becomes art, art becomes the everyday and designers delve into detail that is at the heart of daily life, highlighting rich stories that lie behind each individual object (WGSN 2015) 'Exhibiting the Everyday' is a trend direction of the 'Artisan Trend' forecasted for A/W 17." (Info sourced from WGSN.com)





For this project I will exhibit my everyday through a series of workshops mixing manual and digital techniques. I will reveal the beauty of the everyday by exploring my surroundings, looking closer, discovering the mundane. I will illustrate, photograph, construct and deconstruct a series of primary and secondary imagery. From my experimentations, I will develop a range of digital prints. I will use CAD skills such as Adobe Photoshop to create my print ideas and Adobe Illustrator to create working sketches.
For the second part of the assignment, I will write a report on the use of CAD and CAM technologies, identifying the key effects and benefits of new technology within the fashion industry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts